Amy & Eros in Alaska

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Happy 4th Weekend!

This posting is for you! Forget about us for a minute and either post or email what you're doing for this Independence Day weekend. Allow us to live vicariously through your grilling (we'll do that, but there's no pork steaks up here - boo hoo), your fireworks (pretty explosions are not impressive in Alaska because it's not dark enough), your sweet alcoholic beverages (contraband - sets a bad example for the youngin's). So please drop a note and let us know what's up with your plans and festivities. Send pictures too if you like. I'm really wanting to make a big, fat pitcher of Freedom Mojitos for the occasion, and I was thinking to do a non-alcoholic version, but, geez, what's the point of a rum-less mojito?

Anyway, have a great weekend, don't melt from the heat, and celebrate the birth of your country by blowing up a small part of it!
Amy

2 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, Amy. You aren't missing much by being away from Chicago for the 4th- everyone else is gone too... Still not clear on what I'm doing for the fourth, but it involves the western suburbs. I went to the Taste on Friday and ate twice as much as usual b/c Erik had about 40 tix and refused to give them to homeless people. He said we had to eat until they were gone. My favorite thing was the fried cheese at this Greek stand. Eros what is that called? S-something? OPah!
Happy 4th
-emily

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, kids...
Well, its only the 2nd, I dont know what my plans are for the 4th yet. I am working day shift thru Wednesday, so the nites are mine! Since beeee-u-tee-ful Alton blows sparks on the 3rd, I think I will put my kayak in the water, paddle out to the middle of the lagoon and watch the pretties from a new perspective. Dont tell grandma--she is really on me about going out alone w/o a pfd. I will remember with fondness the year you were 2 1/2 and refused to look at the sky because you said the firewords were ugly. Jake was 2 weeks old and snoozed thru the racket. Sooo many years ago....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home