Amy & Eros in Alaska

Thursday, July 07, 2005

This job is like - A rollercoaster baby, baby

Amy:
Today was a beautiful sunny day in Fairbanks. Recent rains have chased away the icky smoke. I got to go kayaking with Eros's group (he'll tell you about that). My birdie is still alive and well. My tan had a chance to rejuvenate after basking in my kayak all day in the middle of the Chena River. Ahh...

Then two girls had suicides in their families and I was the random first responder to both. Messy. I won't go into that.

Congratulations to my brother the ranger for winning the Mystery Animal Contest, by indentifying the furry little creature as the hoary marmot. When I told someone here that I saw a hoary marmot in Denali, they thought I said it was a whorey marmot and was making a joke about the animal's promiscuious mating habits. Fun with homonyms. Anyway, Jake, your prize will be a piece of the king salmon I plan to catch next week.

Eros...

Yes, today we got to take a float trip down the chena river through the beautiful town of fairbanks. I went with my clan and my co-RM was supposed to go but this morning she mysteriously decided not to. Since I am always thinking of Amy even though she doesn't return the favor :-) immediately told the teacher that I'm sure Amy would do it if he wants another adult...bingo Amy is on board. We had a nice float and got to see some VERY nice houses on the river. The excitement on the trip was with the canoe that the instructor was in. He had a non-swimmer in his canoe, one that weight about 225-250. They were racing with the other canoes and as they were turning around the flipped. I, in my paparazzi fashion (see post about the midnight sun baseball game) starting to take a picture when the teacher yelled at me to get over there to help. I forgot that our big friend couldn't swim. So I feel like a big dumb ass. But in the end, he was ok and in good spirits.

Enjoy the pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home