Amy & Eros in Alaska

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Last Day Off...

...Well, until the big month-long period of unemployment that follows our stint up here in Alaska. Another one of my students went home yesterday, bringing the grand total of students in my clan to six from ten. This one had a death in the family, so I'm not taking it personally just yet. He was very upset, but by the evening he really didn't want to go home since there's only a few days left. Eros and I went biking all over town again today to try to buy some gifts to bring home, but everything was touristy crapola and since we're practically natives we scoffed at the prices for smoked salmon and decided to just catch some ourselves and have it shipped home instead. Seriously.

We got caught in a deluge on our bikes on the way home, which was fun, and then went over to Ken & Chelsea's place for a big salmon BBQ. Sweeeet. Seriously, Midwest salmon completely, utterly, 100% sucks. We dined on a freshly caught 30-pound king salmon that Chelsea's dad grilled to perfection. Oh, that was tasty.

So now Eros ran off to play a pick-up game of frisbee with some local frisbee geeks (he's had a sick craving to play frisbee the whole time we've been here), and I'm just trying to lay low so no one bothers me. We might sneak out for a beer later, but don't tell anyone, ok?

Oh, yeah. We're coming in on Monday night. Anyone want to pick us up at the airport? Hmm? You'll get the first crack at whatever wild game we can bring on the plane...

6 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I'm not working at Starbucks (I doubt I'll be on the new schedule until at least Wednesday) I would be happy to pick you guys up. Just let me know the time and flight number and all that. Did I drop you off at Midway or O'Hare? See you guys soon. By the way, I love lox. Mmmmmmm.

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, on your return, we need to find a time to meet with the Stats god. He is returning to his home kingdom on the 26th. DePaul threw a McGee's thing, but it would be fun to have one more dinner? Additionally, I might be able to pick you up at the airport if other plans fall through.

Keith

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I'll pick you up at the airport! See how many rides you guys have? You are either popular or we just want the salmon...Just kidding. See you soon. I'll miss the blog.
-emily

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys, can't wait to see you before you shove off again! Seems like you had a great experience.
And can I give a shout out (do people still say that?) to the people using the OC references? Can you believe they killed off Trey AND Caleb?

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie--- shhh! AMy hasn't seen the last episode yet. However, while we are on the subject, I am still upset about Caleb. But we don't know for sure if Trey is...you know...I think he is, but Captain Oats and Princess Sparkletina would tend to disagree with me. we are planning on watching the last episode next week to get psyched up for the next season. You are welcome to join us even though I don't know who you are.
-emily

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I'll pick you up at the airport! See how many rides you guys have? You are either popular or we just want the salmon...Just kidding. See you soon. I'll miss the blog.
-emily


___________________
Smarry
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free

 

Post a Comment

<< Home